Do you want to help make a difference for people all over the world? To be a part of a societal change? Then Let’s Break the Shame might be the place for you. At our charity, we try to break the shame around mental health struggles with different projects aimed to enlighten, educate and demystify mental health.
- What: Unpaid internship
- When: January (feb also okay)
- Where: Remotely/Online (might become more face-to-face later on)
- How long: 4-6 months
- How much: 32-40 hours per week
About Let’s Break the Shame
Let’s Break the Shame, also shortened LBTS, is a foundation that aims to break the stigma around mental health and set up long-term collaborations with institutions. We cover a lot of different activities - the first is our Instagram campaign. In our Instagram campaign, people from all over the world share their story with mental health to have helped the cause of breaking the stigma around mental health and has helped to show people that they are not alone with their struggles. Another one of our events, where speakers from LBTS talk about their own struggles and history with mental health, but another important aspect is to get the guests to talk to each other. LBTS is also present on other social media platforms, making TikTok videos, recording podcasts, and does workshops at schools and organisations. All of it contributes to our goal of breaking the mental health stigma!
- Project management
- You will be in charge of structuring and planning the projects that LBTS have, as well as the daily work for both yourself, the Founder and the volunteers.
- Content SoMe
- You will take part in creating content for our social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook and TikTok, as well as overseeing the overall content planning.
- You will help improve the marketing strategy and monitor and analyse results.
- Event related tasks
- As mentioned above, LBTS regularly hosts COVID-19 proof events as one of our activities, and you will take part in the planning and execution of said events.
- You are fully responsible for managing the tasks prior to the event.
- LBTS is a fast growing foundation, and therefore, you can expect to get involved with every project - some to a lesser extent, some to a bigger extent.
Let’s Break the Shame’s main expectation for you is that you are passionate about mental health. It is not a necessity that you have struggled with mental health problems yourself, or even that you know someone that has. Instead it simply means that we believe the passion and motivation for doing this is important - whether it comes from a personal place or a place of general sympathy.
What you can expect from us
- A warm welcome in a team consisting of the two co-presidents, two interns, two strategists, board of members and 35 volunteers.
- A lot of responsibility from the beginning of the internship
- A safe environment where we help each other and where asking questions is more than okay
- The chance to broaden your knowledge and skills within a lot of different projects
- Possibility to be fully in charge of your own projects
- Possibility to set up new collabs and projects with companies and individuals.
- The chance to work with a lot of amazing people who are passionate about mental health as well!
- The chance to have a longer internship
- The deadline for sending in your application is 3rd of December.
- The application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews will take place online between the 6th and 17th of December.
- All applicants will receive a personal reply.