Do you want to help make a difference for people all over the world? To be a part of a societal change? Then Let’s Break the Shame might be the place for you. At our foundation, we try to break the shame around mental health struggles with different projects aimed to enlighten, educate and demystify mental health.
What: Unpaid internship
When: ASAP or September 2022
Where: Utrecht & Remotely
How long: 4-6 months
How much: 24-32 hours per week
About Let’s Break the Shame
Let’s Break the Shame, also shortened LBTS, is a foundation that aims to break the stigma around mental health. We want to show people that they are not alone with their struggles, and therefore, LBTS has a large range of projects with the goal of reaching and helping as many people as possible. LBTS’ projects include our Instagram campaign (@letsbreaktheshame), our ambassador's program, and our many events and collaborations with institutions and businesses. LBTS is constantly evolving with new projects, more volunteers and more people helped, and you will get the chance to grow with us!
- Help finding both national and international business partners that are interested in collaborating with LBTS.
- Setting up collaborations with schools and universities.
- Helping out with the acquisition of sponsors and donors. This includes writing proposals and assisting pitches.
- Creating local campaigns in the Netherlands to increase awareness and engagement with the charity.
- Being in charge of the LBTS monthly newsletter
- Volunteer Management
- You will have the main contact with the volunteers about their tasks and potential deadlines. This also includes taking part in the intake of new volunteers, helping with both interviews and new agreements, as well as welcoming the new volunteers to the team.
- LBTS is a fast-growing foundation, and therefore, you can expect to get involved with every project - some to a lesser extent, some to a bigger extent.
Let’s Break the Shame’s main expectation for you is that you are passionate about mental health. It is not a necessity that you have struggled with mental health problems yourself, or even that you know someone that has. Instead, it simply means that we believe the passion and motivation for doing this are important - whether it comes from a personal place or a place of general sympathy.
What you can expect from us
- A warm welcome in a team consisting of the two co-presidents, two interns, two strategists, board of members, 80+ volunteers and 25+ ambassadors;
- A lot of responsibility from the beginning of the internship;
- A safe environment where we help each other and where asking questions is more than okay;
- The chance to broaden your knowledge and skills within a lot of different projects;
- Mental health days
- Weekly mental health meetings
- Possibility to be fully in charge of your own projects;
- Possibility to set up new collabs and projects with companies and individuals;
- Possibility of extending the internship if both parties are interested;
- The chance to work with a lot of amazing people who are passionate about mental health as well!